The National Continence Helpline (1800 33 00 66) is staffed by Nurse Continence Specialists who offer free and confidential information, advice and support to people affected by incontinence. They also provide a wide range of continence-related resources and referrals to local services.
The Helpline is available to anyone living in Australia and is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. It operates 8am-8pm (AEDT) Monday to Friday excluding national public holidays.
Book a call back
If you would like to schedule a free confidential call with a Nurse Continence Specialist at a time that suits you, please select the appropriate button below and fill out the corresponding form.
You can phone the National Continence Helpline between the hours of 8am and 8pm (AEDT). Out of these hours, please contact:
- ACT, NSW, NT, SA and WA: the After Hours GP helpline on 1800 022 222.
- TAS: phone GP Assist on 1300 780 011 for access to after-hours GP phone advice.
- QLD: contact 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
Alternatively, if you have an urgent health concern and don't know what to do, the After Hours GP helpline 1800 022 222 provides free health information and assistance from a registered nurse or medical advice from a GP.
You can also visit the TIS National website for translated information about the service TIS National provides. Visit: www.tisnational.gov.au
Telephone interpreter services are provided free of charge to you.
What topics do the helpline cover?
Common topics covered on the helpline include:
What INformation is available?
The Helpline provides information about:
- the assessment and diagnosis of incontinence
- treatment options
- management - including product information and advice
- information about funding schemes to assist people with the costs of continence products
- details of local continence service providers, product suppliers and manufacturers
- details of related funding schemes such as the Australian Government's Continence Aids Payment Scheme
- access to a wide range of free information brochures, including brochures in languages other than English.